A benefit is a result that a stakeholder perceives to be worthwhile.
And behind that simple statement lies all the complexity that comes with differing stakeholders and what they believe is valuable to them.
I curate the website www.benefitofexperience.com, all the old Keldale blogs and articles (and new stuff as well) are now there.
I’m a Decision Guide.
I bring the Benefits Management subject matter expertise to making business choices and the experience of seeing how it’s been done before.
It’s still your business, you understand what you are about, you make the decisions on what you want to change, and your people do the work to change it.
My role is to take you through the process of making those decisions so that you choose the best option and take the optimal route to business success.
In Keldale I’ve been fortunate to do some interesting things:
- Assist customer strategies - Public Policy Forum thought leadership, Ambulance Service restructure
- Develop future markets - Identity management, PACS x-ray digital imaging
- Solution design - Working Time Directive, Long Term Conditions, Public Sector Mobile Services
- Solution development - Local Development Authority project £1M Social Housing Alarms
- Understand the customer's 'RoI' - Highways Department PFI preparation
- Improved win-rate - Local Authority / Private Partnership Local Govt preferred bidder £150M, Local Govt partnership £220M
- Successful customer change management - Diabetes Contact Centre, Govt Dept Intranet Requirements Capture consultancy,
- Requests for BM assistance - LDA, NHS, Police
And I've worked with some big and interesting organisations...
If you'd like to dig deeper or you have a particular project where you think I can help, then please get in touch. Contact me at:
david.waller [at] keldale.com
Keldale Business Services Ltd.
Registered in England and Wales No. 7721202
Registered Office: Keldale House, Beal Lane, Beal, N Yorks, DN14 0SQ